Kalmarine successfully completed the management of the Freedom of the Seas modernization and drydock at Navantia Cadiz Shipyard, in Cadiz, Spain.
The drydock was part of Royal Caribbean Internationals fleet upgrade program, Royal Amplified. The vessel was out of service for 56 days including two Atlantic crossings and 35 day drydock period. Kalmarine was responsible for the overall project management providing a project team of more than 20 people to support the entire project timeline from initial concept development, through design, contracting, planning and execution.
The project team consisted of project manager, planning, technical management, and outfitting management with responsibilities including:
- Overall Project responsible
- Technical work specifications and scope of work review, technical design validation, coordination and technical design integration, management of technical supervisors
- Supervision and coordination of overall interior outfitting works and zone management including work specifications and scope of work review
- Responsible for planning and reporting
- Responsible for technical systems (HVAC, mechanical, electrical, class, USPH) design, coordination, technical work specifications, and quote review, and supervision during planning, contracting, and execution
- Responsible for work specifications, execution coordination, and supervision during planning, contracting, and execution
- Project schedule
- Schedules of Values
- Input for Logistics plan & container loading
- Shipwide execution project plan with GA overlays
- Protection plan
- Input for Material tracking
- Design comment tracking
- Punchlist tracking – execution, and post delivery
- Risk management mitigation and tracking
- Weekly and Monthly project updates
- Dry-dock daily reporting
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
Freedom of the Seas
Refit project management, Drydock Management, Vessel Modernization Project Management